About Skills Canada
The Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program’s (OYAP) support of Skills Canada – Ontario is based on the firm belief that the Ontario Technological Skills Competitions (OTSC) and the Skills Canada National Competition represent one of the best ways to raise the profile of the skilled trades and technologies in our elementary and secondary schools. These events also support the technological studies curriculum offered in our schools.
There are three levels of Skills competitions:
- Regional Skills Competitions: these are the competitions held within the Upper Grand and Wellington Catholic School Boards to determine which secondary and elementary schools will represent the boards at each provincial competition
- Qualifying Rounds: some of the competitions, because of the large number of competitors require qualifying competitions which are held at various community colleges in the area.
- Provincials - OTSC (Ontario Technological Skills Competition) Skills Ontario, hold a number of Skills Competitions to inform and engage Ontario youth in the skilled trades and technologies.
Regional Skills Competition
Please be sure to have the latest version of Acrobat Reader to view and save your application forms. Visit Adobe’s website now for the latest downloads.
- Regional Skills Registration Form (PDF)
- Regional Skills Educational Field Trip Consent Form (PDF) – Upper Grand DSB
- Regional Skills Permission Form with Informed Consent (PDF) – Wellington Catholic DSB
Elementary Skills Competitions
- 2017 Elementary Regional Skills Competition – UGDSB (PDF)
- 2017 Elementary Skills Ontario Competition Information Package (PDF)
- 2017 Elementary Regional Skills – WCDSB (PDF)
Information about how to register for the Qualifying/Provincial Competitions can be found on the Skills Ontario website: www.skillsontario.com